Thursday, June 26, 2014

many drawings and the tools that made them

drawings of my rocks
more abstract still,
the linear quality of the first six below
the result of these dried grass stems
ive been harvesting.

















like thin (but very fragile) bamboo, each lasts
for no more than a drawing or two
and toward the end they shred.
even that
is a revelation on the page.


















then there are the ones using my fave drawing tool - the general's sketch and wash pencil. draws like a soft, dark graphite but responds to water like a dream... these, too, get used up quickly. sometimes i use them with ink and ink wash.
















1 comment:

  1. Oh my!! I found my way here from Sketchbookery and am loving your blog. Your sketches are wonderful. My favourites (in this post!) are the last three. Love the simplicity, the lines, the washes. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...